Jump to content


Tokiwa Kitareri!!


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic
Nacchi

Posted June 10 2015 - 01:02 AM

What is this website you linked me too?

It's the "report you supernatural sightings" website that Aria and Machina made in this chapter. The guys at Wazadepa uploaded it (or rather a picture of the frontpage) at their place, just like their did for Rein's website and the Shinpaku Alliance Website.

 

And I've also found a real ghost/yokai spotting website. Unfortunately it hasn't been updated in years.



Nacchi

Posted June 16 2015 - 08:55 AM

Cover illustration for volume 3 is out. I knew Rein had pink hair, but I did not expect that much pink.

Attached Images

  • tokiwa_03kan.jpg


Combatmaster1o3

Posted June 16 2015 - 01:53 PM

Cover illustration for volume 3 is out. I knew Rein had pink hair, but I did not expect that much pink.

Miu??? With pink hair. This is probably her adult form that we did not see but with pink rainbow hair and some other modifications.



Nacchi

Posted June 17 2015 - 02:54 AM

Miu??? With pink hair. This is probably her adult form that we did not see but with pink rainbow hair and some other modifications.

And her eyebrows remind me of Shigure. She is Miu's and Shigure's secret love child from another dimension.

Good job making your fanfics become reality, Tokiwa.



Combatmaster1o3

Posted June 17 2015 - 05:22 AM

And her eyebrows remind me of Shigure. She is Miu's and Shigure's secret love child from another dimension.

Good job making your fanfics become reality, Tokiwa.

We will soon find out that all of these characters are different aspects of Kenichi and Miu in a fragmented form. I love how we are judging this manga based on the old one because its not as interesting so far.



Nacchi

Posted June 17 2015 - 04:20 PM

We will soon find out that all of these characters are different aspects of Kenichi and Miu in a fragmented form. I love how we are judging this manga based on the old one because its not as interesting so far.

It's hard not to compare it to his previous work when you've been following it for so many years. And at least I tend to unconsciously try to find familiar traits of the characters I grew to like.

 

About it not being so interesting. I hope it's finially going to pick up (I've been saying this for the last x chapters).

When I compare Tokiwa at the end of volume 3 to Kenichi at the same time, we were at the end of the technique trio arc and Kenichi was just about to go and fight Takeda. I think this is where the Ragnarök arc really started and things got moving. Before that it was mostling introducing the characters and getting Kenichi to move into Ryouzanpaku.

Tokiwa's start was a bit more rough with those 3 completely different prologues, but not that different as up to now it was mostly introducing character and doing some explanation about their world.

Maybe, besides the flaws Tokiwa Kitareri has, it was easier (at least for me) to get into Kenichi, because  there were already an anime and about 23+ volumes out when I discovered this series. This way I did not have to wait for bits and pieces every single week until the story took off.

I don't know how it was for you or when you got into Kenichi, but this might be one (of several reasons) why Tokiwa seems a bit bland in comparison.



Nacchi

Posted June 17 2015 - 04:23 PM

Chapter 24 translation

 

Machina is great. "Can I kill him? How about now? Not yet? But now!? Still not yet!?!? Are you finally finished so I can... "



Nacchi

Posted June 28 2015 - 09:10 AM

message paper bonus illustration for volume 3

Attached Images

  • omake3kange.jpg
  • omake3kantora.jpg
  • omakeani1.jpg


Nacchi

Posted July 02 2015 - 03:00 AM

Here's a blog post from the company who does the cover designgs for Tokiwa Kitareri. It shows the illustrations they made for the first two volumes and some promotional material.



Combatmaster1o3

Posted July 09 2015 - 12:02 PM

I wonder who the final boss organization is...



Nacchi

Posted July 11 2015 - 11:55 AM

I wonder who the final boss organization is...

That's a good question, because we already have two organizations:

  • Enigma, who are connected to technology and are after DEM III
  • The sorcerian organization (I still haven't found out how to properly spell their name)

 

The monsters Kanata is fighting seem to be unorganized so far. But who knows, maybe some evil ninja clan will show up later.

 

Could this story turn into a battle on multiple fronts or are those evil organizations somehow connected?



Combatmaster1o3

Posted July 13 2015 - 03:10 PM

That's a good question, because we already have two organizations:

  • Enigma, who are connected to technology and are after DEM III
  • The sorcerian organization (I still haven't found out how to properly spell their name)

 

The monsters Kanata is fighting seem to be unorganized so far. But who knows, maybe some evil ninja clan will show up later.

 

Could this story turn into a battle on multiple fronts or are those evil organizations somehow connected?

Maybe they will make something like the Justice League or Avengers. Fighting battles on unrelated fronts united. That will probably unite allies and enemies.



Nacchi

Posted July 14 2015 - 03:43 PM

Maybe they will make something like the Justice League or Avengers. Fighting battles on unrelated fronts united. That will probably unite allies and enemies.

We will see. I hope they somehow make it out of the recent fight in one piece. Rein & Kanata to the rescue, please.
 
Chapter 25, 26, 27. 28
 
***
Stuff from volume 1. Please excuse the horrible "translation". "chin suru" means "to heat something in the microwave", but I could not come up with something that would keep the joke, so I went for a literal translation.

9cbmfq4bi8eox9o3g.jpgrzo8y4h4p9d693b3g.jpg n73uhrm514r17v43g.jpg8dhqdzmd0i8fjqt3g.jpg935xn3zn49xl1rj3g.jpg3as7rz5r3kc0nr63g.jpg25m1c7ngc5aw7hq3g.jpgk3b64rb428xnb7r3g.jpgz5ibunbkdcasbit3g.jpgt3eqvcesges3o1u3g.jpgp8q25rdp1s8pcxa3g.jpg


Edited by Nacchi, July 14 2015 - 03:45 PM.


Combatmaster1o3

Posted July 16 2015 - 07:15 AM

She should use her powers of knowing more.



Nacchi

Posted July 16 2015 - 02:23 PM

She should use her powers of knowing more.

That, or she could google it. But then this story takes place after chapter 1 and I think she hasn't discovered the internet, yet.
 

 

Does anyone know how to properly clean and typset? I fail at photoshop.
.....
 
Volume 2 omake

(zip-file)
e8n787vmnrd6ew23g.jpgij22z7403k5o3c53g.jpgtqtanpucplcu1av3g.jpg2e9wi2w7237d9p13g.jpgc3ii4r1gthxi7rr3g.jpgo42oksa5ccr64a53g.jpgfd3ltizqmn34l633g.jpgjz2qq49bbgv7rb73g.jpg6cagefk7q94t6g63g.jpg



Combatmaster1o3

Posted July 17 2015 - 11:42 AM

My body and dick are confused.



Nacchi

Posted July 20 2015 - 12:25 PM

Chapter 29 raw

 

Noooooooooooooooooooo, not Machina. This chapter was really bad for my heart.

 

Worst moments (paraphrased):

***

DEM: Don't worry, I cannot be injured. A machina can only be damaged.

Tokiwa: But it hurts my heart.

DEM: Thank you.

 

****

Tokiwa: Machina-kun, dogde!

DEM: That's impossible. If I had dodged you would have been hit.

Tokiwa: Machinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 

__________

 

This is the moment where either Rein or Kanata come to their rescue, right?


Edited by Nacchi, July 20 2015 - 12:31 PM.


Combatmaster1o3

Posted July 20 2015 - 03:26 PM

Dem III sacrificed himself. Cmon man, he was like android 8 & 16. Why do good androids always blow up. 



Nacchi

Posted July 20 2015 - 04:29 PM

Dem III sacrificed himself. Cmon man, he was like android 8 & 16. Why do good androids always blow up. 

I'm sure he can be repaired after someone/something saves them.

 

Or he's got a backup somewhere. (Don't worry, Tokiwa, my body is destroyed, but I uploaded a copy of myself to g**gle drive.) And then he can 3D print himself a new body like they did for Rein.


Edited by Nacchi, July 20 2015 - 04:31 PM.


Combatmaster1o3

Posted July 21 2015 - 06:37 AM

I'm sure he can be repaired after someone/something saves them.

 

Or he's got a backup somewhere. (Don't worry, Tokiwa, my body is destroyed, but I uploaded a copy of myself to g**gle drive.) And then he can 3D print himself a new body like they did for Rein.

Can you supply a translation please. Unfortunately I am a complete nub when it comes to Japanese. 




Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This