Fanfic Ideas

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic
Delirium Trigger

Posted December 19 2016 - 03:09 PM

That was something I'm considering to write myself for a serial plot I'm creating for Hermit set after the final arc of Kenichi. 

And hi.

Edited by Delirium Trigger, December 19 2016 - 03:13 PM.

Delirium Trigger

Posted December 19 2016 - 03:19 PM

Basically, Hermit's master Sougetsu had once again abandoned him for "reasons unknown", leaving him to focus on self-training, expanding on his business, and dealing with Honoka (haha). Many (mis)adventures ensue, some potentially more serious and dramatic than others. Groups/gangs old and new will either stand against or beside the wrath of Hermit. 

All I need is time, motivation, and preferably some peeps to bounce off ideas with. 

ki0

Posted January 11 2017 - 07:38 PM

Maybe you could have an enemy attempt to preform a hostile takeover of Hermit's company. Let say someone new for instance, developed a plan to take over Hermit's business. The basics of his plan is to catch Hermit off guard, by slowly killing off his important employees, making the cause of death look accidental. Then this new person attempts to kill Hermit. Once Hermit's out of the way, this person reasons it will be easy to take over his business. Even if he fails to kill him, as long as he damages him to the point were he can't resume his duties as CEO for a long time, he/she still may be able to take over his business. 

Or you could Radhin preform this plan

Edited by ki0, January 11 2017 - 07:46 PM.

ki0

Posted January 12 2017 - 03:14 PM

It doesn't have to be exactly like what I wrote above, if you decide to take on some of the ideas here. You can mix and match, take on the only the ideas that speak to you, or modify it as you wish. For instance you could have the enemy kill all the major employees at once, when they go out to have drinks together and make it look like it's an accident, instead of killing them over time like I originally suggested. This way it would be even harder to pick up on the fact that it's accident. You could have Hermit figure it out, or you could have Nijima snoop around looking into Hermit's businesses info.

Why is Nijima doing this? He wanted Shinpaku alliance to be partners with Hermit's company. Even though Hermit turned him down, Nijima decided to show him how he can improve his business, if he had more info. Thus he hacked into company info. Nijima then notices there's a rival company that's slowly gaining the resources for hostile take over, encroaching on Hermit's businesses territory, so to speak. Nijima warns Hermit. Hermit tells him he will handle this himself. Hermit looks into it and notices signs of assassination, when he gain access to autopsy reports through Yami. 

Edited by ki0, January 12 2017 - 03:45 PM.

citizen_lion

Posted January 13 2017 - 02:33 PM

Hostile takeover via martial arts is a truly excellent idea. This is actually a lot less fanciful than it sounds. If a business rival with no moral fiber whatsoever knows that Hermit's personal passion is martial arts, then if Hermit is to die or be grievously injured due to martial arts, it would not raise any suspicion of wrongdoing, or even if suspicion is risen, no one can prove it beyond "Hermit takes too much risks in his own personal life".

Very plausible! A great premise.

Some more ideas for the pot: Hermit doesn't want help, and Nijima wants to forcefully "help" for his own gain and that of Shinpaku, but Seigfried, the considerable financial support behind Shinpaku, remind Nijima of "the beautiful melody of a true king!", which prompted Nijima to stage a legal intervention in the light (by raising their own fund to buy off chunks of Hermit's company legally, effectively denying the hostile takeover from achieving a controlling stake). But it turns out Shinpaku and Nijima is biting off much more than he can chew, and the enemy faction have one or two low grade masters in them.

Just when Nijima regrets listening to his newfound sense of honour and idealism, Kenichi, Miu, Sieg, etc. all show up.

Two final battles: All of shinpaku vs. 2 low grade master class and Hermit alone vs. Shaolin expert class (the prodigy character discussed above) and Nijima once again sneaking out alone to try to attempt a hack that would stall the takeover for a day.

Bonus content: Renka also snuck out as she sensed something bad is about to happen, and rescued Nijima in the last second, cementing the Renka x Nijima ship.

Edited by citizen_lion, January 13 2017 - 02:39 PM.

citizen_lion

Posted January 13 2017 - 02:46 PM

By the way other than the Shaolin expert class that we seem to all agree upon above, I would be interested to see more unusual martial arts explored in depth for the other characters.

I was particularly unhappy about how Mikumo was never explained and her fighting style seems like it makes no sense.

Although personally I know there can be a real basis to it. My own training in real life focuses on reflex (other than bone density), so I do have automatic dodge reflexes that trigger without conscious awareness, and I have dodged things that don't actually exist before. A trick of the light in my peripheral vision would make me jerk to one side extremely quickly or even side step (koho haiho type of step), so Akisame's / Jenazad's "ki throw" is something I feel to be completely believable when applied to people who have honed their autododge reflex to the utmost.

But how does Mikumo do her thing without appearing to move?!

ki0

Posted January 17 2017 - 03:38 PM

It might be fun to make a fanfic together. About Mikumo, it's probably super high speed acceleration. Anyway I've come up with a possible fighting style for the shaolin martial artist:

Fighting Style: Immortal Fist

This fighting style has extraordinary origins. To talk about this Shaolin fighting style, first we must talk about Achilles. Achilles invincibility came about not because he was loved by the gods, it was due to his exceptional fighting style. Achilles hardened his skin using ki (while fighting), making him nearly invincible, but with a weakness. What was his weakness? Apparently it was his ankles, but only those who possess insight into Achilles fighting style know the truth of it. A monk upon hearing the legend of Achilles, developed a similar fighting style. However, he took it a few steps further, making the muscles like steel wires, he created a impenetrable two layered defense of skin and muscles. Breathing capacity and tendons were also greatly improved. With this unique type of muscles and incredibly hard skin one could hit with extreme force. The footwork of this style is nimble and explosive over short distances. With this fighting style one doesn't have to worry about attacking with great precision. As long as one hits in the general area, the opponent's defense will crumble. Whether it's defense or offense, one can truly say this style is invincible.

Strengths: This Immortal Fist has an amazing defense, due to it's armor and muscles, it also amazing power techniques for the same reason. The short burst footwork increases the force of the attack, as well as increase the ability to counterattack and defend.

Weaknesses: This style does have a weakness, the joints are weak points due to one needing to keep the skin surrounding them soft so one can move. This however, doesn't mean one can't harden the skin in those places, doing so simply requires discretion. 

Note: Should I make it so instead of skin hardening, he's protected by a sort of extreme ki armor. Or should I keep it the way it is, with him using his skin armor? I like both ideas so was wondering what your guys take on this would be. Here's the same fighting, but using ki armor instead:

Fighting Style: Immortal Fist

This fighting style has extraordinary origins. To talk about this Shaolin fighting style, first we must talk about Achilles. Achilles invincibility came about not because he was loved by the gods, it was due to his exceptional fighting style. Achilles created ki armor, by hardening his ki, making him nearly invincible, but with a weakness. What was his weakness? Apparently it was his ankles, but only those who possess insight into Achilles fighting style know the truth of it. 

A monk upon hearing the legend of Achilles, developed a similar fighting style. However, he took it a few steps further, making the muscles like steel wires, he created a impenetrable two layered defense of ki armor and muscles. Breathing capacity and tendons were also greatly improved. With this unique type of muscles and incredibly hard ki armor one could hit with extreme force. This ki armor aesthetically looks simply like normal ki aura. The footwork of this style is nimble and explosive over short distances. With this fighting style one doesn't have to worry about attacking with great precision.  As long as one hits in the general area, the opponent's defense will crumble. Whether it's defense or offense, one can truly say this style is invincible.

Strengths: This Immortal Fist has an amazing defense, due to it's armor and muscles, it also amazing power techniques for the same reason. The short burst footwork increases the force of the attack, as well as increase the ability to counterattack and defend.

Weaknesses: This style does have a weakness, those who possess technique with with great pinpoint force, and greater ki mastery then the user of this style, can still damage him, although the damage might not be high in most cases. 

Edited by ki0, January 17 2017 - 03:41 PM.

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This