How did you think the series was going to end?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic
Ogata

Posted June 27 2016 - 09:25 AM

Thanks, I actually made the account already, I am trying to get this going as quick as possible. I agree with you, its best to do one chapter at a time. I will prolong this to around 15 pages or so. For artist, I really like anakrisart black and white art. Looks similar to hsdk.

Now regarding the Ogata upbringing, I am thinking something like this:

"Ogata grew up in to a modern family as an only child, his father and mother both worked as an accountant while Ogata was in middle school. Despite being a loner, he was well liked for his politeness though he did have an aura of intimidation. Deep down Ogata was caring but seeing his parents work all day and experiencing the structure of high school made him feel that the modern life is no different than slaughterhouses. Human beings dedicate themselves sheepishly to make ends meet. While one day growing old and realizing that they never really lived their life.

Deep down, this thinking made Ogata very bitter and angry. Also what made this worse is that, the people that run these offices are out of shape as well as greedy and perverted CEOs bosses with a spoiled attitude. Ogata came to realization that most human beings are sacrificing their soul as well as compromising their creativity so the rich and the powerful can live a good life.

Seeing this, Ogata vowed that he will undertake any discipline and task that is difficult to do in order to build his inner strength and as well as becoming more capable physically. That's when he began training in various martial arts. Unfortunately, he found out most dojos are run like businesses, more geared towards making a living then dedicating themselves to reaching the pinnacle of martial arts. Ogata right away realized that running a dojo and taking care of the business  side would simply diminish a martial artist. So he chose to take his training in to the wilderness..."

This is the backstory I came up with, if you have any input please share. I am not sure if this is how Ogata sees the world but I am trying to transition to the "Ancient martial arts"

Next, he is going to meet the Legendary Bear Master that Tsuji trained with. Like Tsuji, Ogata disturbs his sleep and like Tsuji, the bear master tells him he will teach the ancient art of Koppou with the promise that he gets the hell out of the mountains and train somewhere else. This is where Ogata falls in love with the ancient martial arts. He also respects the Bear Masters wishes and leaves to train somewhere else until the injury happens and then he appears at Akisame clinic.

makenker

Posted June 27 2016 - 09:56 AM

This is a good backstory.

I guess Ogata is anti-establishment XD 

For some reason your version of Ogata reminds me of Senator Armstrong (from Metal Gear Rising)

Ogata

Posted June 27 2016 - 10:05 PM

I got so distracted by metal gear solid after checking out the senator. Last time I played it was when I had sons of liberty which was 15 years ago!

Anyway back to HSDK, I might change Ogatas backstory a bit. After re-reading it, I feel it lacks a magic of a good backstory. It seems like a form of teen rebellion. I like the idea of Ogata being from a normal family but there has to be a stronger conviction. So far, I do like his meeting and interaction with Akisame. But his backstory is missing an element that should reappear to add an extra kick to the story.

makenker

Posted June 28 2016 - 12:09 PM

Ogata, I got Anakris' e-mail: hikari.inukai@gmail.com

Ogata

Posted June 30 2016 - 01:55 PM

Right on thanks, I am redoing Ogatas backstory. Upon reflection, what I wrote is too much like the whole " the weak dies and strong survives" or the anti-establishment. He is also not really like that since in the anime, he did save Kenichi even though he didn't have to.

Let me ask you, in the anime/manga, when Ogata was interacting with people. How did he come off as? If you were to meet a person similar to his personality, what kind of impression would he leave on you in terms of his background?

Either way, if I don't come up with his backstory I will still continue on with the first chapter of him meeting Akisame at the clinic.

Edited by Ogata, June 30 2016 - 01:55 PM.

makenker

Posted June 30 2016 - 04:20 PM

Ogata always struck me as more of an everyman/middle class.

He's totally ordinary except for his obsession with the martial arts (bordering on reverence).

He seems to me to have been born in the wrong period. He would have been right at home in the feudal era.

Now that I think about it, Ogata is basically Ryu (if he had Akuma's skill & killed people).

Ogata

Posted July 02 2016 - 01:25 AM

I like your example of Ryu and Akuma. He is polite and respectful like Ryo but he has Akumas skill and mind set. He was even referred to as an "asura" in the English dub anime. That being said,  unlike Akuma,Ogata  is also pretty sneaky. When Kenichi first met him, he told Ogata he got beat up by Ryuto Asamiya. Yet, Ogata offered Kenichi training without disclosing the fact that he did train Ryuto and acted as if he never knew who Ryuto was.

On a positive side, when Ryuto was beating Kenichi badly, Ogata remarked that Kenichi dying is a shame and that he was going to stop the fight. Then of course, Ryozanpaku stopped Ogata and Kenichi went on to win the fight.

You said it best, Ogata is pretty ordinary in most cases but when it comes to martial arts, he turns in to a mad scientist/wizard. Other then that, he seems pretty respectful and isn't much of a rebel which for some reason I thought he was. Damn, I really want to give him a backstory before meeting Akisame.

That being said, I like to think that Ogata views life, discipline and martial arts as a "seed" the more you nurture it and pay attention to it, the more it will blossom. For him, his seeds are the martial arts and the physical/mental conditioning that goes to become a superior being.

makenker

Posted July 08 2016 - 10:32 PM

I like your example of Ryu and Akuma. He is polite and respectful like Ryo but he has Akumas skill and mind set. He was even referred to as an "asura" in the English dub anime. That being said,  unlike Akuma,Ogata  is also pretty sneaky. When Kenichi first met him, he told Ogata he got beat up by Ryuto Asamiya. Yet, Ogata offered Kenichi training without disclosing the fact that he did train Ryuto and acted as if he never knew who Ryuto was.

On a positive side, when Ryuto was beating Kenichi badly, Ogata remarked that Kenichi dying is a shame and that he was going to stop the fight. Then of course, Ryozanpaku stopped Ogata and Kenichi went on to win the fight.

You said it best, Ogata is pretty ordinary in most cases but when it comes to martial arts, he turns in to a mad scientist/wizard. Other then that, he seems pretty respectful and isn't much of a rebel which for some reason I thought he was. Damn, I really want to give him a backstory before meeting Akisame.

That being said, I like to think that Ogata views life, discipline and martial arts as a "seed" the more you nurture it and pay attention to it, the more it will blossom. For him, his seeds are the martial arts and the physical/mental conditioning that goes to become a superior being.

Sorry, I'm just quoting you so that you'll get a notification.
I found another artist:

http://sideburn004.d...286839#comments

Ogata

Posted July 20 2016 - 12:12 AM

Right on thanks, sorry I kind of got side tracked but I finally found out the direction of storylines:

1. First chapter is meeting Akisame at the clinic, afterwards, they will discuss various training methods such as Indian club exercise, dexterity training performed by ninjitsu practioners for better movement and footwork as well as Shaolin conditioning methods and modern conditioning etc...

2. Second chapter is Kensei Ma meeting Ogata and eventually taking a liking to him. Afterwards he gets to test his skills in dojo challenges and this has him open up as a person who is violent and is curious about the more dangerous techniques. Akisame and Ma will interpret this as Ogatas desire for the real and raw martial arts while Ogata has a more nefarious intention in learning these techniques that are beyond tournament fighting.

3. Final chapter is Hayato coming back to the house with Kai Midou and Miu. This is where Ogata uses the technique that ruins Kais health and this is the chapter Hayato expels Ogata from the Ryozanpaku house. This causes a bit of a rift between Hayato and Ma/Akisame since they feel that Hayatos judgment of Ogata was unfair and that they felt Ogata had no ill intention and was just being passionate in his discovery of techniques.

4. This chapter wraps things up with Ogata having a show down with Kai Midou, Ogata wants to fight him as soon as possible before the disease makes him too weak and that Ogata is very angry and bitter for being kicked out so his fight with Ki Midou is a way of finding the one good thing from him getting expelled. In turn the whole thing goes down and he goes in to the mountains to mourn the death of the unborn baby. Before doing that, he will express his sadness and resentment towards Akisame and Kensei Ma for not standing up for him. He will also develop a strong hate for Hayato since he can no longer train with Akisame and Kensei Ma.

Let me know what you think...

makenker

Posted July 20 2016 - 08:26 AM

I like it. It's well thought out.

A three-act structure with an epilogue is a good call. 

I keep thinking of Ryu (ogata) vs Sagat (kai) when I look at chapter 3. 

Sagat beat Ryu, & then Ryu accidentally tapped into the Satsui no Hado (sei dou gouitsu) & permanently scarred Sagat.

Have you decided which artist(s) you're going to commission for this? I can't wait to see it in manga format.

Ogata

Posted July 22 2016 - 11:11 PM

I am leaning towards Anakris most likely. Right now I am trying to figure out what excercises Akisame is going to show Ogata when it comes physical conditioning.

Another thing came to mind while picking physical conditioning exercise is Ogatas frame in this fanfic. I mean the thing is, he is a younger man who is around 10 years younger so he should have a smaller frame. I want to say, he should be someone who resembles Shin Natsume from Tenjou Teng series.

I noticed this after noticing that in the final chapter, Kenichi had giant forearms like Shio Sakaki. So I think Ogata should be a smaller man.

Regarding the training method. Akisame will explain the following:

Balance/static exercises: This will consist of horse stance and various yoga poses. The purpose is to build stability so that when you perform a dynamic movement like striking then you do so from a strong and well balanced position. Also it gives a martial artist a better footing and better body control.

Dynamic Movement/Plyometric: Similar to how he was training Kenichi, lots of explosive training similar to modern athletes.

He will then show Ogata various training methods he picked up from various culture and that he is researching the world of physical strength.

Note: On the official series, Ogata was surprised on how well Kenichi was trained. Because of this, I have gotten the impression that, Akisame knowledge of physical training has improved a great deal since previous years with Ogata.

Training with Kensei Ma:

Iron body training: Ogata has gotten stronger and more conditioned but he lacks the ability to take strikes. Master Ma then shows him exercises that allows him to take strikes without much damage. He also finds that the iron palm training allows him to hit as hard as he can without breaking or damaging his hand.

So far, I am trying to get the training sequences down. Afterwards, Ogata will participate in challenge matches as well as battling with thugs/criminals. Unlike Kenichi, Ogata is FEARLESS but above all else, his lust for new technique and coming up with variation makes Akisame and Kensei Ma blind to Ogatas dark nature.

makenker

Posted July 23 2016 - 05:56 AM

You've really thought this through ...

Sounds great! I can't wait to see it.

Ogata

Posted October 06 2016 - 06:16 PM

Ok, I finally figured out Ogatas training evolution. Sorry for not posting but I want to make sure I get Ogatas training idea down properly along with Akisame.So I re-read the manga to refresh my memories...

So when Ogata meets with Akisame, I have decided that Akisame is not as knowledgeable as he is in the current storyline. The reason is, Ogata remarked to Kenichi "Your masters trained you well, I wonder what they put you through" Ogata should know since he trained with Akisame. but Akisame is the innovator type individual.

So with Ogata, he will have a more classical approach. This is how the training sequence will go:

Hojo Undo: Its a real life training methods for old school karateka, its an ancient method for physical conditioning but also very effective even to this day. Most dojos don't practice because its way to hard and quite frankly, it requires proper knowledge and know how but main reason is, most dojos in real life  and in Kenichi-verse are water downed. That being said, Hojo Undo is used by other Japanese martial artist, though its still an ancient method from Okinawan.

72 Shaolin methods: Later he will transition to the 72 training methods. Kensei Ma will introduce him to the Chinese kung fu style conditioning. In Ogatas wiki, it was mentioned that he doesn't wear shoes because he likes to use his toes in fighting. Well their is a shaolin method that strengthens the toes so that it is sharp and lethal. This training sequence will influence Ogatas shoe free outfit.

Next training is Kalaripayattu/Malakhamb conditioning:

Another ancient martial arts style/training method, Ogata has shown in the anime the Malakhamb pole method when he saved Tanimoto in the flashback on the bridge. It was also used by Ethan when he escaped from Ortal Sinn ( Indian weapon master) while rescuing the girl.

Now moving on to the Kalaripayttu training methods, Ogata has shown the ability to balance himself on his toes in uneven surface and he was able to defend and defeat and almost kill Rahman until Agaards interference. However, it seems like Ogata used the understanding and abilities of Kalaripayattu to deal with Rahman that and ofcourse using the Sei-dou technique.

The purpose of this fanfiction training is to show that its relevant to Ogatas action, ideology and that there is a connection. So his training stays true to the mangas characters . This would be more honest than him bench pressing in his garage and shadow boxing in the mirror. I want to make sure his training methods serve a purpose from the top of his head to the tip of his toes.

Because this is the type of person Ogata is, no stone is left unturned, no training/martial arts technique gets neglected and he is always knowledgeable and aware of the purpose of each and every technique/method and in order for me to write a fan fiction about him, I had to make sure I share his understanding and that meant I had to learn about real life ancient martial arts method and ideology that pertains to the timeline and environment of the martial arts style.

Alright everything is good to go with Ogata fanfiction, I need to go over the list of artist you posted to see who is the best person to commission. I will also send you a private message with emails should for whatever reason this site goes down again.

Berrick

Posted October 24 2017 - 02:48 PM

I'm not sure, but I was hoping Ogata would fight a legendary master by the end of it. 

Author

Rate This

* * * * * 1 votes

Share This