Syun's work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
Rhyzen

Posted November 26 2014 - 11:14 PM

If anyone is ever interested in reading one of the three one shots by Syun, mangastream has just translated the first one. 

http://readms.com/r/...Matsuena/2613/1

Darkwing_Duck

Posted December 01 2014 - 01:39 AM

Is it just me or do some of the characters look a lot like ones from HSDK...

Mister Perfection

Posted July 17 2016 - 11:02 AM

Looks just like kenichi

Matsu

Posted January 25 2017 - 04:32 AM

It is a shame, but the couple of one shots had generally more promise than the new long series Tokiwa Kitareri. I read the TK for a while and decided that this is too much like anything else out there in the fantasy-manga genre.

A little about the art... In the Tokiwa Kitareri the art is softer/inky/smudgy than in the HSDK. I do not enjoy reading at much as I did Kenichi. Maximum fan service without going full hentai, but the fun is forced and rather dull. To me it also seamed like Kenichi had resurrected like the spiritual ninja-boy, which was not the best idea IMO.

I do not know if the translating group doing the TK is very slow, or is Mr. Syun taking it easy, but the publication speed is too close to the HunterXHunter to my liking.

We could make a list of mangas that are similar to the TK, or that do the same things/themes better.

If I ask this question to myself, the desperately slow starting Noblesse comes to mind for some reason. It is very different, but had a better story than the Tokiwa Kitareri (however, the teenage-vibe is left in the dirt after the first arc).

khenchana

Posted July 08 2017 - 02:24 PM

another syuns  work not from shonen sunday publisher - https://myanimelist....Alvadlink/forum

there are 2 volume released already..

Nacchi

Posted July 09 2017 - 07:17 AM

That manga is drawn by Shu Matsuda, not Shun Matsuena. He is one of Matsuena's former assistants. (Trivia: Matsuena refers to Matsuda as his Disciple #1.)

And it's published under the ura shonen sunday label, which belongs under the shonen sunday umbrella.

Volume 2 isn't out yet. It will go on sale together with Tokiwa Kitareri vol 12 & 13 on 18/7.

Edited by Nacchi, July 09 2017 - 07:24 AM.

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This