Other Martial Arts Manga

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic
Kaio-ken

Posted August 03 2012 - 11:26 AM

Just wondered if many people here read other manga with a fair bit of martial arts in like Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, All Rounder Meguru, Holyland, and Teppuu, and which ones people like/what they would recommend.

eson

Posted August 03 2012 - 01:05 PM

Read Minoru as well, but haven't read it in a long time. Others I've read were Bamboo Blade, Battle Club, Change 123, Sun-Ken Rock, The Breaker, and Tough. Tough is probably my favorite of them all, but it's longer than One Piece, and the scans are slow.

Kaio-ken

Posted August 03 2012 - 01:41 PM

Oh out of them the only ones I've read are Change 123 and Tough, your right about the scans being slow I can't even remember when this fight with his dad started. Not sure where I stand on Tough I use to enjoy reading it more but I've been finding the more recent fights abit dull. Have you read the series where he's still in high school, Koukou Tekkenden Tough? I remember quite enjoying that,,,and I've just noticed more chapters have been put online since I last read it, might give it another read.

eson

Posted August 03 2012 - 02:20 PM

Yes, I've read that and saw the anime as well. Scans on it are slow as well though. They're at ch179 out of 474 chapters. =/ Also read the Oton series that takes place before the Koukou Tekken-den.

eson

Posted August 03 2012 - 02:28 PM

But seems that Tough scans are at ch226 out of the 425+ chapters that are out now.

Kaio-ken

Posted August 03 2012 - 02:29 PM

Oh right lots to keep me busy. Just having a read of Battle Club now...that's erm some interesting ways of drawing girls doing suplexes.

eson

Posted August 03 2012 - 02:42 PM

Oh Battle Club. What can I say, it takes wrestling to a whole other level. But that reminds me, I should get around to finishing Change 123 after I catch up with Iryuu Team Medical Dragon.

Kaio-ken

Posted August 03 2012 - 02:58 PM

That it certainly does! and yeah you should finish Change 123, it's kind of a predictable ending but it's quite sweet and handles it well.

Never heard of Iryuu Team Medical Dragon but just gave it a quick wiki, sounds an interesting concept.

Saiga

Posted August 05 2012 - 12:53 AM

HSDK is the only martial arts manga I've read.

Negima and One Piece have martial arts elements, but that's about it.

Rimi

Posted August 05 2012 - 03:04 AM

Oh I just remembered that I've read Change 123. That one was sexy. It had a decent ending too though I would've liked to see it go longer. But I say that about every manga.

MightiestLarry

Posted August 10 2012 - 11:40 AM

Keep em comming. These sound all very nice to get into. Not sure if you heard of Hellsing, but its so awsome, its like the ONLY vampire one that I got into. Its more fantasy shooet em' up then martial arts but some do kick ass with melee.

Berserker

Posted October 02 2012 - 12:05 AM

Read RRR it's about boxing and it's a completed manga. And also Gamaran, i dunno if it count as martial arts, they use weapons here and the main character is an Ogame style swordsman

Kaio-ken

Posted October 04 2012 - 05:23 AM

Yeah I've read RRR, was nice having an older protagonist for a change. Not read Gamaran yet though.

Red Duel

Posted November 01 2012 - 01:10 PM

Have you read Asu No Yoichi it's a good one.

Kaio-ken

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:18 PM

Nope hadn't heard of it, synopsis seems ok though i'll give it a look. Just started reading Yawara today, strange reading a martial arts manga where the character does everything they can to get out of martial arts and yet hasn't lost once in 50 or so chapters.

Rimi

Posted November 05 2012 - 12:48 PM

Oh I've read that. The art is really good!

Red Duel

Posted November 05 2012 - 12:52 PM

Oh I've read that. The art is really good!

I thought so to.

Rimi

Posted November 05 2012 - 01:09 PM

I thought so to.

I think there was an anime as well but it got cut short?

Red Duel

Posted November 05 2012 - 01:35 PM

I think there was an anime as well but it got cut short?

Really I didn't know that.

Mizume Hatashi

Posted December 01 2012 - 06:18 PM

Just wondered if many people here read other manga with a fair bit of martial arts in like Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, All Rounder Meguru, Holyland, and Teppuu, and which ones people like/what they would recommend.

Try reading Grappler Baki and Garouden, Both serious martial art mangas.

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This