If you had the ability to change something in HSDK, what would you change?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic
Andrew

Posted November 21 2017 - 01:53 PM

?

Berrick

Posted November 21 2017 - 05:34 PM

1. Delete Senzui's character or make it so Saiga is actually the One Shadow, no weird costume skin for either of those two.

2. Make Saiga take out Jenezad. (Not quite sure if I want this one.) It seems like the author was proving a point with this fight, that strength doesn't equal power like Akisame says a lot.

Delirium Trigger

Posted November 22 2017 - 07:59 AM

Either tone down female clothing damage or at least have the males suffer a bit. I know it's an ecchi manga, but it didn't feel like that at first.

Less disrespect towards weapon users.

Tie up loose ends.

makenker

Posted November 27 2017 - 03:17 PM

1. Kenichi vs Hermit (rematch)

2. Kenichi vs Berserker (a conclusive fight)

3. Miu vs Renka

4. Renka vs Rachel (with a definitive ending)

5. Shigure vs Mikumo (with a definitive ending)

6. Show Renka's mom

7. Show the Phoenix Alliance

8. Confirm if Sakaki is Kenichi's uncle (the author seemed to hint that Kenichi's mom was Sakaki's older sister)

9. Show the Shinpaku Alliance becoming Master Class

10. Kenichi vs Elder

Nacchi

Posted November 28 2017 - 07:12 AM

Sakaki's sister isn't Kenichi's mother and the author never hinted at it as far as I remember. Sakaki's sister is currently working as an office employee according to the guidebook.

• I want a China arc.
  • Said China arc includes appearances of Kensei's wife and sons
  • Akisame vs. Ogata, because Ogata can't get away like that
  • Saiga vs. Mikumo
  • Regarding the clothing damage I fully agree with Delirium Trigger
  • Seeing all the disciples of Shinpaku and Yomi grown up would be great.
  • No more abduction arcs please.
  • Kenichi should learn to let Miu handle her own fights against male fighters.
  • Miu needs new hobbies that aren't cooking, cleaning and doing laundry.
  • Introduce Natsu to Honoka's parents.
  • Does Hongou become a royal consort or will he end up living alone in his mansion together with 10 cats?
  • Show how Ryouzanpaku and especially the Elder deal with Saiga being an ex crime boss and murderer.
  • Remove Danzaiba weapon masters from the plot if they are only cannon fodder that doesn't live up to its status. Keep Seitarou and Shigure's brother.
  • Thinking about it, removing Ouganosuke from the plot might not be that bad if the Elder has to fight his son to save the world.
  • Show Niijima's home and family.

Edited by Nacchi, November 28 2017 - 07:13 AM.

Delirium Trigger

Posted December 01 2017 - 11:30 AM

I agree with everything but the part with Natsu and Hongō.

Ogata

Posted December 18 2017 - 10:27 PM

- Less ecchi, this is already an amazing series and it is unnecessary to cheapen it with the whole females getting ripped up. If I want adult entertainment, I will go elsewhere. But I want martial arts and a good storytelling.

-  I want more focus on Sakaki, he is the best Ryo master and has that Fist of the north star/wolverine thing going.

- Have the weapon masters not be incompetent idiots, normal weapon masters got beat by disciples while their grandmasters were struggling with regular unarmed masters ( Mike/Seitaro vs Mycroft/Chris)

-  I want a GODDAMNN backstory of Michael and Apachai, they have met each other before, this has potential to be a great back story.

- Make Michael stronger and better, dude has the same style as Dante from DMC but also is a homage to Hidan from Nartuo and similar to Steve Fox from tekken. He looks too damn powerful to be made to look like an incompetent, goofy idiot.

- Delete Senzui, seriously the worse character, very random and just a completely unnecessary character who contributed nothing to the series.

- Kensei Ma and his rival Kung Fu clan and more info on Boss Wong. Lots of fun possibilities with Chinese kung fu and the masters that reside in China.

-  More info on Ogannosuke Yokiou, love his character, Miyamoto Musashi was a legit real life master. With Yokiou, I love to see if he had a disciple or anything like that.

-  Have Ogata become the youngest legendary master ever!

citizen_lion

Posted December 24 2017 - 05:33 PM

@Ogata Mah man! I still haven't gotten to the Michael / Apachai fanfic yet (partly because I don't have a really good inspiration for this yet that would both fit the characters and be meaningful, like the Ogata x Jenazad fic).

But I found this game where you play a scythe user, and with proper timing & reflex, you can make the fights look very much like what a masterclass scythe user should be.

https://youtu.be/D3U9Wf7-5II (Spectre knight, scythe user, vs Reize, boomerang user)

As to what could be change about HSDK?

Delete Senzui. Perhaps this is the one thing everyone can agree upon.

Have Ogata become the youngest legendary master ever. I totally agree with this one.

The Chris and Mycroft fairing ok against weapon grandmasters part are ok though. These two are not "regular masters" by a long shot. They are just not in an organization, but they are "high normal" or just touching grandmaster now. I mean, back in the battle with Sasaki, an offguard Chris was destroyed by an angry Sasaki (in father bear defending cub mode)... That's hardly saying anything negative about Chris's ability. The fact that he could move afterward was a grandmaster feat right there :D

=========

Yes, there need to have been the China arc, which could have been the final arc too instead of the ultra rush job that they did. Having the Danzaiba having at least several members from China would actually fit well, since there are many interesting weapons to feature.

=========

I actually thought Hongo taking out Jenazad was a good fight and was more or less logical. The best thing about HSDK is that it merged "superhuman ability" and "human weakness" together well (ok, until things get rushed at the end).

@Ogata: also completely agree on your analysis of Ogata vs Kenichi/Ryuto - If Ogata was any less alert than he was, that eyestab would have done the trick.

I would have liked Saiga to be the real One Shadow though. It would have made total sense. He was slowly succumbing to PTSD, and Jenazad would have made a perfect foreshadowing, depicting someone who has gone down that path completely and now just deranged.

Have Hongo face Saiga in an epic pitched battle (what the Saiga x Senzui battle should have been), where Hongo is beginning to touch legendary but not quite, and Saiga beats him with some difficulty, almost killing him, then Sasaki joined in and Hongo found the faith to fight as a team again. That would have been some GOOD character development.

Edited by citizen_lion, December 24 2017 - 05:54 PM.

Andrew

Posted December 25 2017 - 04:46 AM

1)Delete Kajima and Senzui from the plot, make Saiga the real One Shadow, make Kano Shou a disciple of Saiga and last Kenichi oponent.

2) Who exactly were Kano parents? Looks like one of his parents wasnt Kuremisago descent because all Kuremisago members had black hairs but Kano has white .

3) Rusui Seikuken 3 level is extermely overpowered technique that does not make any sense.

4)Ogata during his days in ryozanpaku arc.

5) Miu Should end up with Kano, Kenichi should with another girl.(or maybe find for Kano another girl with wings).I totally dont like Miu and Kenichi as a couple.

6)Elder vs Saiga

7) Ogata vs any from ryozanpaku.

and alot more other things just too long to write everything

citizen_lion

Posted December 26 2017 - 02:09 PM

Kajima is actually a good character that has been foreshadowed for a LONG time though, so he fits. Also he's the foil to Kenichi, like Kanou is the foil to Miu.

Kajima would have fitted even better if there was no Senzui, and he received a proper, fatherly, loving training from Saiga/the One True Shadow.

The reason for the scars all over his body? Life and death battles in real situations, just like Kenichi. The training from Saiga is expertly done enough not to leave any injury on him at all.

Why does Kajima undertake these life and death battles? Also out of his own sense of right and wrong, just like Kenichi. Self-motivation only, no forcing from Saiga, thus making his motivation truly enduring.

The only difference is that Saiga's own heart has been corrupted, seeing the world entirely in a negative light, even to the point of refusing to try to find a real solutions to complex societal problems and simply believe that peace through power is best (and the even more corrupted vision of "peace through conflict"), and Kajima inherited this.

Edited by citizen_lion, December 26 2017 - 02:12 PM.

kanou shou

Posted February 04 2018 - 09:12 PM

I wish I could do this:

- In the battle of the Eternal Sunset:

• Kenichi vs Kajima: Kajima wins the fight, easily, Kenichi does his best, and improves while fighting, but the advantage of Kajima is far a better fighter than Kenichi can handdle. Miu takes him away after defeating the 2 Kuremisago female fighters.
  • Hayato vs Ouganosuke: It's a tie, both elders result with heavy injuries, but Furinji finds about the bomb and runs towards the fight, Ouganosuke decides not to follow, since he knows that either the bomb and/or the other masters of Yomi will finish the job, he retrieves due to his wounds. Hayato ends up dying due to his own wounds and the explosion, sacrificing his life.
  • General Fight: The allies of Ryouzanpaku fall one after another, there is no way to stop the missile, so Shigure takes Nijima out of the control room and James has a final fight with Senzui (since he was created, I decided to use him) he looses and before the final strike from him, Miu runs into him and goes crazy, then Saiga appears and he knows that there's not much to do so he decides to buy time to give James and Shigure time to take the disciples out of there by fighting Senzui.
  • The forces of the nations arrive, Chris and Mycroft arrive as suport, Jenny leads the charge and she has a cool fight with Mildred (guns vs bow/arrow), the Ryozanpaku keep the fight until the elder arrives and he takes on the missile, everyone watches his death and Saiga uses the pain to boost over Senzui just enough to knock him off (similar to what Miu does while in rage but with full control).
  • Yami decides to retreat since their plan failed but Ryozanpaku are the ones who took bigger damage, Alexander and Diego Carlo are still in the Big Lock, maybe they managed to take on 2 or 3 masters of the Execturioner Blades and they're put in the Big Lock too, but it doesn't compensate.
  • Saiga explains everything to the Ryozanpaku, grieves over his father with Miu and takes both of them on a training for 4 years in the mountains, since he knows that Yami will need time to put a new strategy, Shinpaku gets into training as well with the help of the masters of Ryozanpaku, Chikage joins them, Tanimoto and Sougetsu leave Yami. Ma Kensei goes back with Renka to China to get the Phoenix Aliance ready for a new fight. 
  • Shinpaku gets an armed division formaly in charge of Freiya.
  • Ryuto and Rimi change to Katsujinken, so does Jihan. The king knows that Yami will come for his country so gets into training, Ryuto and Rimi train with each other.
  • Finally the time-skip, where all the disciples are shown to achieve the level of expert.

I would go that way, obviously there is to much and can't get everything clear right now, but more or less it is the idea.

Andrew

Posted February 06 2018 - 12:34 PM

Kajima is actually a good character that has been foreshadowed for a LONG time though, so he fits. Also he's the foil to Kenichi, like Kanou is the foil to Miu.

Kajima would have fitted even better if there was no Senzui, and he received a proper, fatherly, loving training from Saiga/the One True Shadow.

The reason for the scars all over his body? Life and death battles in real situations, just like Kenichi. The training from Saiga is expertly done enough not to leave any injury on him at all.

Why does Kajima undertake these life and death battles? Also out of his own sense of right and wrong, just like Kenichi. Self-motivation only, no forcing from Saiga, thus making his motivation truly enduring.

The only difference is that Saiga's own heart has been corrupted, seeing the world entirely in a negative light, even to the point of refusing to try to find a real solutions to complex societal problems and simply believe that peace through power is best (and the even more corrupted vision of "peace through conflict"), and Kajima inherited this.

I didnt say Kajima is bad character but its better even without him because Kano suits for last Kenichis oponent more than anyone else and for Kurmisago and Furinji style. I think Matsuena  just make favour for Kenichi, Hes like "O look not only you Kenichi without talent who can achive something" , but ironically all Yami and Ryozanpaku masters are extremly talented.

citizen_lion

Posted February 18 2018 - 03:32 AM

@kanou shou

Really interesting ideas! Basically "HSDK seinen version"... Not sure why Matsuena-san or the publisher didn't think that an older more mature audience wouldn't appreciate a good martial art manga, and had to resort to the fanservice route... sigh.

citizen_lion

Posted February 18 2018 - 03:41 AM

I didnt say Kajima is bad character but its better even without him because Kano suits for last Kenichis oponent more than anyone else and for Kurmisago and Furinji style. I think Matsuena  just make favour for Kenichi, Hes like "O look not only you Kenichi without talent who can achive something" , but ironically all Yami and Ryozanpaku masters are extremly talented.

Actually from careful observations of the evidences, not all of the RZ masters are talented ;)

Akisame was a weak, sickly child. He's just smart, but without maturity and determination, that intelligence would not amount to much...

Ma is extraordinarily short, and has always been short even as he was young. And he had a light build too. That makes for a very bad basis of a martial artist... and he's now the second strongest in RZ (multiple evidences)

There was no evidence whether Shigure was actually a prodigy, or she was just THAT good because she was raised from birth by a master (her dad) and then a grandmaster (the kousaka elder), AND lived in the forest all her life...

Even Sasaki really had no indication of being a genius. He just loved karate so much that it is his life and all consuming passion (and then met Hongo who was just the same), and he has a strong sense of justice to spur him on.

=> If you think about it Kenichi isn't much different from Sasaki, just without the innate love for fighting but a different motivation.

The only two true prodigies in RZ are Apachai and the Elder, who were clearly strong from their youth and seemed to know martial arts instinctively.

kanou shou

Posted March 18 2018 - 08:36 PM

But the one thing I really wish I could change is to take Matsuena and the series to a different magazine, one with the ambition to support those series with potential and make them go big, not the Sunday that just let's them pass by one after another.

Ogata

Posted May 12 2018 - 08:36 PM

@citizen_lion

I agree with you on most points. Regarding Ma I may disagree. He does have a small build but in a way he is more like Frieza/Vegeta than a real life lightweight fighter. Even as a kid, he was an all around ass kicker. To me, he is like a Chinese Jenazad. Difference is their martial arts style and that Jenazad held on to his good looks and Ma was not able to.

In the Kenichi-verse it seems like muscle fiber, genetics and natural coordination is more of a prominent factors than size. Though to be fair, many masters look huge and muscular.

Alright, finally was able to do an @ since quote feature is not working for me.

Edited by Ogata, May 12 2018 - 08:38 PM.

Andrew

Posted June 03 2018 - 12:06 PM

I think in the Kenichiverse the size does not affect the power and the skill of the master. I also have to say that I'm not completely sure of removing Senzui from the plot, since he could have been a much more interesting character if we had received more stuff about him, and he just went from nowhere, I'm thinking of presenting the most powerful fighter of the Kuremisago clan, it was a very good idea.

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This