How can Dou types use Seikuken?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
ki0

Posted November 30 2016 - 07:57 PM

Specifically I'm talking about Berserker.  Dou types excite their spirit to go past their limit. The elder said the essence of seikuken is to remain calm.

makenker

Posted December 01 2016 - 02:41 AM

maybe exciting their spirit excites/enhances their senses as well, increasing their powers of perception?

citizen_lion

Posted December 02 2016 - 03:37 PM

Maybe we can explain it like this, seikuken is to remain calm and read the opponent, so that you can begin moving as the opponent moves (every movement that the human body makes is telegraphed in some way, even in top fighters, you can tell from things like the subtle shift in gait and facial expression), so you only need to use very little motion to intercept or evade.

Think Floyd Mayweather...

Dou's version of seikuken would not be named seikuken, because it doesn't work the same way, but from the point of observation it would look like the same action. I think it would work by the vast amount of adrenaline speeding up your reflex and twitch muscle speed so much that even if you don't move before the opponent, or at best right at the same moment as the opponent, you can intercept and dodge things in real time.

Think Manny Pacquiao or more recently Conor Mcgregor

Incidentally, I think Sho Kanou would be Bruce Lee...  To this day I don't think there's anybody who can punch between the frames of a 24fps movie yet. Bruce Lee's movie scenes that already look so crazy fast, was actually the result of him deliberately holding back so the 24fps camera of the day could capture his hand moving.

WarBandit

Posted December 05 2016 - 07:00 PM

The point of the technique is to while remaining completely calm and centered, keep oneself closed off to defend yet simultaneously open to attack at the same time in a radius around the body. Yes, Dou fighters do use aggressive emotions to power themselves up, but that isn't the only way they can fight. For example, once a Dou user starts getting heated up, they wouldn't be able to maintain the technique.

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This