What is the Population of Disciples, Experts, and Masters?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Berrick

Posted December 13 2014 - 02:49 PM

What do you think each group population is? I can't find the chapter, but Kensei said that Rimi has talent only one in a thousand have and she was almost on par with Miu. Rimi apparently, only trained in martial arts for very short period of time. With that being the case, there should be about 7 million people as talented as Rimi. Her talent is on par with most Yomi's talent, so the numbers should be similar for most of Yomi, with an exception for maybe Berserker. 

That means at least 7 million people have the potential to be Yomi, as far as talent is concerned. What else does one need to be a disciple? I guess they would have to have the right personality and their personality would have to be compatible with a master. Also they would have to find a master, unless they're like Berserker and Siegfried. They would have to be able to take the training as well.

With all that being case, the numbers would be lower. There's still cases of people without talent becoming disciples (like Kenichi), but I think their even more rare than the talented ones. 

As far as experts are concerned their should be a large number of them as well, since they stay in the era of expertise the longest. We know their at least around 530 masters in the world, since the Elder fought 500 Shaolin monks, and there's about 30 non shaolin masters I can remember in HSDK.

What do you guys think?

Edited by ki0, December 13 2014 - 03:17 PM.

Combatmaster1o3

Posted December 14 2014 - 04:16 PM

What do you think each group population is? I can't find the chapter, but Kensei said that Rimi has talent only one in a thousand have and she was almost on par with Miu. Rimi apparently, only trained in martial arts for very short period of time. With that being the case, there should be about 7 million people as talented as Rimi. Her talent is on par with most Yomi's talent, so the numbers should be similar for most of Yomi, with an exception for maybe Berserker. 

That means at least 7 million people have the potential to be Yomi, as far as talent is concerned. What else does one need to be a disciple? I guess they would have to have the right personality and their personality would have to be compatible with a master. Also they would have to find a master, unless they're like Berserker and Siegfried. They would have to be able to take the training as well.

With all that being case, the numbers would be lower. There's still cases of people without talent becoming disciples (like Kenichi), but I think their even more rare than the talented ones. 

As far as experts are concerned their should be a large number of them as well, since they stay in the era of expertise the longest. We know their at least around 530 masters in the world, since the Elder fought 500 Shaolin monks, and there's about 30 non shaolin masters I can remember in HSDK.

What do you guys think?

Interesting question... we can presume the worlds best martial arts masters of today(Who are of low expert level and possibly beyond) are at masters. I think there are more than you think but less than we want.

Berrick

Posted December 15 2014 - 01:59 PM

I believe part of the reason why the population is the way it is in HSDK, is due to the Master's guidance. The master has to instill in to his disciple that fighting opponents who are massively stronger than the disciple is foolish. Also the master has to oversee his disciples fights, and not give him a battle he has no chance of winning. Preparing him for whatever may come his way, the best he can, is the master's job. All masters aren't equal though. Jenezad for instance, decided to get rid of his disciple when he lost a battle. Masters have different teaching styles as well. They provide their disciples with different tools to deal with the same situation.

Edited by ki0, December 15 2014 - 02:32 PM.

Combatmaster1o3

Posted December 16 2014 - 06:47 AM

Also I would not take an anecdote too literally or we would see a world full of people Ryo's level. Also the whole master Disciple thing depends on where you are in the world, although there are some things that are common like not interfering in a disciples fight unless necessary. If we want actual population, we have a couple million people most likely. Not enough to the point when someone actually competes in the olympics. Masters would be gods in there, although honestly everyone there who is outstanding are most likely expert classes in terms of hsdk power scale.

Edited by Combatmaster1o3, December 16 2014 - 06:47 AM.

Berrick

Posted October 27 2018 - 10:45 PM

Also I would not take an anecdote too literally or we would see a world full of people Ryo's level. Also the whole master Disciple thing depends on where you are in the world, although there are some things that are common like not interfering in a disciples fight unless necessary. If we want actual population, we have a couple million people most likely. Not enough to the point when someone actually competes in the olympics. Masters would be gods in there, although honestly everyone there who is outstanding are most likely expert classes in terms of hsdk power scale.

IMO there wouldn't be that many Ryozanpaku level masters:

1. Few people ever devote their lives to marital arts or fighting to get to master class. How many people are actual martial artist or fighters across the globe? So the master population is probably small. Finding someone who can bring out the best of you specifically would probably be hard too. If you don't find a master you wouldn't get very far. The other option is self training. There's likely very few people across the goal that can self train to mastery. Among those very few that can, even fewer would survive all there battles to get to that point. 

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This