Whats up guys...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic
Mr.Karate

Posted January 05 2013 - 07:38 AM

New here to this form, actually i dont really chat on forms at all but i figured "what the hell". good to see folks that are into kenichi. which is one of the few manags i read these days. "Yare Yare..." Anyhow i am an old guy who has been around the block a few times. i teach martial arts and am also a student of them. i speak read and write Japanese as well. My fav characters are sakaki and shigure. Then it goes to rachel ( cause she is off in the head lol!) and everyone one else who rocks it. only character i dont care for is Ukita cause he is useless and if i were him i would be living at akisame's house and bugging him to teach me everyday bbbuuutt he is too dumb to figure that one out. but hey at least he has three hot ass kickin females that find him sexy ( no idea why). Anyhow thats about it. o yeah and being a guy that grew up with dbz and ranma and old shxt like that, that whole miu thing was super obvious! but cool to see her power up in a bikini. think thats a first XD

Saiga

Posted January 05 2013 - 11:15 AM

Welcome to HSDK fans, Mr. Karate.

It's so awesome that there are actually older fans of the series, something I really didn't think there was.

Hope you enjoy the time you spend here. :)

Rimi

Posted January 05 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hey! Welcome to the site. That's really cool that you practice martial arts. How did you find out about Kenichi? Are you very fluent in Japanese? Maybe you can help us out whenever we get stuck on something. xD

Mr.Karate

Posted January 05 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hey,

Thx for the nice response guys:) yeah im conversational not fluent because even though i grew up speaking the language i dont use it that often these days. but ill will do my best to help anyone out if they have a question. okay Rimi, to answer your question i was actually told about kenichi by a martial arts buddy of mine who is four years older than me. lol. we joke cause im a mainly japanese stylist. practitioner and he is a Chinese style practitioner. We both grew up in the actual martial arts world which is very different (obviously) than the kenichi one. It is very cool to see the similarities and then the fantasy aspects of kenichi. I came on to the whole series during the red feather arch and have been addicted since XD. Also question. im trying to up load a pic of sakaki for my profile, ( because to me he is Mr karate) but having no luck. i have made sure the pic is not too large but it still wont take -_- any advise?
also if you guys want to check out what im all about you can go to:
samroc247 @ youtube and check the kyokushin reel and the iai demo and that should give you a good idea about what i teach B)
Osu!

Rimi

Posted January 05 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hmmm I will look into why you can't upload a pic. There are issues in the gallery as well.

So what's the real world of martial arts like?

Mr.Karate

Posted January 06 2013 - 06:10 AM

Rimi,
that is a great question :) the real world of martial arts consist of a lot of training very little actual action, a lot of arrogance and a false sense of power. Everyone thinks their style is the best and their teacher is the greatest. there is a lot of segregation especially in the traditional martial arts world. they dont really like to spar with anyone outside their style for the most part, if they spar at all. lol. in the full contact world, they spar lot and are typically very arrogant thinking that no one can stop them and they are the best. lol. that is not to say all of them are like that, but a high percentage. i think that both sides ( the traditional and full contact ) have their merit but a lot of the practitioners whether teacher or student get caught up in their own arrogance for whatever reason. But its not all bad. the essential good part of the martial arts world is the training ,the feeling of respect and belonging towards one's fellow students and teachers, the respect one learns for one's self and others, and of course the great feeling of working out, learning new things about one's body and surroundings, helping others, and getting a sense of confidence and protection for one's self and others B)
Im not saying this is how that world is, but that is just my perspective. i have been in the game since i was 6, if that helps...but i could be wrong. would not be the first time or the last :lol:

Rimi

Posted January 06 2013 - 12:26 PM

Wow that's pretty interesting. So I guess there are some pretty big names in the martial arts world huh?

Mr.Karate

Posted January 07 2013 - 02:26 AM

yeah there are but for the most part the big shots are big shots in their style and their environment. which is a good thing for anonymity in the general public and a bad thing if they want to be world renowned. Those guys tend to try and hit hollywood. Steven Segal is such an example Tournaments or demos in a style or group of styles is usually where people can find and see the big names in that specific style.

Rimi

Posted January 07 2013 - 12:27 PM

I guess it's hard to believe that something like this actually exists alongside us. :P I honestly never knew.

Nice pic btw!

Mr.Karate

Posted January 07 2013 - 07:55 PM

Thx :) yeah you know its funny just how many different realities or "worlds" as i call them are happening along side each other and nobody really notices. most people are just doing their thing in theirs and are happy. whenever i try and go to a different one such as playing music in a band capacity, or indulging in school or the possibility of working taking over my training time, i feel this pulling feeling in my mind, that kind of brings me back to the whole martial arts thing. lol. its like my mind is telling me that i invested all of this time in martial arts so far and its a betrayal to just stop now. so i dont :lol:
anyhow cool talking to you about this stuff ;) thx for inquiring about it.
Kenichi is Awesome!

Rimi

Posted January 07 2013 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Mr.Karate

Posted January 09 2013 - 05:13 AM

My pleasure B)

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This