Jump to content


HSDK Battle 492 Released


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic
Baby Joe

Posted September 28 2012 - 08:55 AM

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Battle 492 has been released by MangaPanda. Ryozanpaku attacks! Battle 492 is titled "Weird Feeling."

Baby Joe

Posted September 28 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hmm. I guess "Lugh" really is Ogata's "Mystery Disciple". Posted Image

Rimi

Posted September 28 2012 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for making the thread. Man I really haven't been able to get on a lot recently so I appreciate that you're still working hard. :)

As for the chapter...for me it went like this. High point. Low point. High point.

The chapter starts with the masters all using regular attacks and fighting their opponents. I'm thinking, wow this is pretty good, finally a little more realistic. But then Elder does that stupid palm thrust thing...I mean...come on. But then we cut to Kenichi and Berserker. We learned Berserker's name which is a plus. We also found out that the new guys name, Lugh. Additionally we found out that there are more groups than Ragnarok and Titan. I'm personally wondering if there is still one more member of Titan. Weren't there three? Lugh is not the third one it seems. Also I'm glad to see that Berserker is going to be making a Berserker Style. You know even though he's a bad guy Kensei is a very good teacher. I wonder what Ryozanpaku will do when they realize Kensei is not at the castle. So overall, the chapter was pretty good. Lots and lots of development. The only downpoint was the attack by the Elder.

Also predictions on Lugh's fight? Do you think he will completely decimate the shinpaku alliance or will he tie with someone? I doubt he's stronger than Shou or Tirawit, but it looks like he's being built up to be a very strong character.

Baby Joe

Posted September 28 2012 - 09:51 AM

No problem. :D

You gotta love the Elder. :lol:

The only time I remember Titan being mentioned was here:
Spoiler


I can't tell if those shadows are members of Titan or Yami. If Titan has been mentioned again, can you please tell me?

I don't know if Titan will ever be expanded on. I think the reason for all these groups (Ragnarok, Titan, Mabinogion) is to show all the children that Ogata's trying to teach and recruit. You get a group of kids together as a "gang", you see which ones are the strongest, and then the strongest enter Yomi.

It'd be funny if there was a phony Ogata in that castle. :lol:

I think Lugh's going to easily take out most of the Shinpaku Alliance, but be stopped by Berserker or possibly Ryuto. There's somewhere that they need to be and Lugh's not helping by prolonging this.

Edited by Baby Joe, September 28 2012 - 09:52 AM.


Haru Glory

Posted September 28 2012 - 09:57 AM

Very interesting chapter indeed.
i had to lol at Shiratori though,was that really needed?

Lugh,i think will defeat everyone in the alliance and before Kenichi goes down he hits him with that punck Ma taught him,or Miu goes crazy again.Nijima was very scared this time.Berserker style sounds painful.
Nice everyone from Ragnarok got an appearance too.
This chapter was a good set up though,Elder is as OP as ever hahaha.

Saiga

Posted September 28 2012 - 10:37 AM

I quite enjoyed seeing the Masters fighting. (The colored pages of these are going to be so epic.)

Berserker finally has a name, which is nice, I suppose. I believe he's the last one from Ragnarok we didn't know the real name of. I guess I was right in a sense when I said the new guy, Lugh, was one of Kensei's other disciples. There are three in Titan, that's been known for a while. The fact that he has other groups too is kind of nice. It means more fights in the future. We all love seeing fights.

I guess I was right too about Berserker not being taught a style. He made his own with Ogata's help. And that's scary. It's scary because Miu said that's the same way the Elder developed his.

Baby Joe

Posted September 28 2012 - 10:44 AM

I quite enjoyed seeing the Masters fighting. (The colored pages of these are going to be so epic.)

Berserker finally has a name, which is nice, I suppose. I believe he's the last one from Ragnarok we didn't know the real name of. I guess I was right in a sense when I said the new guy, Lugh, was one of Kensei's other disciples. There are three in Titan, that's been known for a while. The fact that he has other groups too is kind of nice. It means more fights in the future. We all love seeing fights.

I guess I was right too about Berserker not being taught a style. He made his own with Ogata's help. And that's scary. It's scary because Miu said that's the same way the Elder developed his.


I thought you said Lugh was from the Armed Division. :o

And I don't think Loki's name has been revealed, yet.

Saiga

Posted September 28 2012 - 10:52 AM

I thought you said Lugh was from the Armed Division. :o

And I don't think Loki's name has been revealed, yet.

I'm pretty sure at one point I said he was, but I brought the possibility that he's one of Ogata's other disciples up too.

It was pretty obvious he wasn't the last one from Titan by his appearance.

Haru Glory

Posted September 28 2012 - 11:53 AM

So is this arc about defeating Kensei now?

Baby Joe

Posted September 28 2012 - 12:05 PM

It's possible. I just can't see him being taken down so early, though.

Saiga

Posted September 28 2012 - 12:13 PM

Tanaka should be showing up soon if this is the case. Hope it is.

Red Duel

Posted September 28 2012 - 12:42 PM

I thought you said Lugh was from the Armed Division. :o

And I don't think Loki's name has been revealed, yet.

No Loki's name hasn't been revealed.

Baby Joe

Posted September 28 2012 - 01:57 PM

Thanks Red Duel. ^_^

I'm pretty sure at one point I said he was, but I brought the possibility that he's one of Ogata's other disciples up too.

It was pretty obvious he wasn't the last one from Titan by his appearance.


Who is this Titan member you're talking about?

Saiga

Posted September 28 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks Red Duel. ^_^



Who is this Titan member you're talking about?

Mystery Disciple's two appearances.
Spoiler


It's obvious Lugh isn't him. The hair is different, the body is different. It's even possible the two mystery people in those two pages aren't the same person. It's just obviously not Lugh.

Also, chapter is out at MangaStream now. Luckily MangaBurn had already released their own version by the time I woke up, but I'm still going to reread it.

Baby Joe

Posted September 28 2012 - 02:32 PM

Mystery Disciple's two appearances.

Spoiler


It's obvious Lugh isn't him. The hair is different, the body is different. It's even possible the two mystery people in those two pages aren't the same person. It's just obviously not Lugh.

Also, chapter is out at MangaStream now. Luckily MangaBurn had already released their own version by the time I woke up, but I'm still going to reread it.


I'm pretty sure that's Lugh. Even before, his design wasn't too far from what it is now.

And the second time he showed up, the body was closer to Lugh than it was during his first appearance. It's much thinner than that first appearance. I just think Matsuena hadn't finalized his design.

Spoiler


It just can't be a coincidence that Ogata has a mystery disciple, this disciple shows up during the Yomi meeting, and then a brand new dude that we've never seen before reveals himself as one of Ogata's disciples.

And I just noticed how weird Lugh's arms look in that panel. :lol:

mubyoshiFTW

Posted September 28 2012 - 10:40 PM

Ryozanpaku with the power rangers pose! lmao

historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi-3612985.jpg

eson

Posted September 29 2012 - 01:22 PM

That cover page. Posted Image

Rimi

Posted September 29 2012 - 04:09 PM

That cover page. Posted Image

I knew you'd say that.

Saiga

Posted September 29 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that's Lugh. Even before, his design wasn't too far from what it is now.

And the second time he showed up, the body was closer to Lugh than it was during his first appearance. It's much thinner than that first appearance. I just think Matsuena hadn't finalized his design.

Spoiler


It just can't be a coincidence that Ogata has a mystery disciple, this disciple shows up during the Yomi meeting, and then a brand new dude that we've never seen before reveals himself as one of Ogata's disciples.

And I just noticed how weird Lugh's arms look in that panel. :lol:

I can see what you're saying with the similarities. It was always thought the first mystery guy that showed up was the third member of Titan. I still think that. The design change is quite drastic, too drastic, I think. But Matsuena can do what he wants. If that guy was Lugh all along, he probably thinks no one remembered how he drew him before... or he forgot himself. Which would be bad.

Looking at those pages posted here makes me wonder how Natsu feels about having to work with Berserker. I wouldn't be surprised if something happens between them later.

eson

Posted September 29 2012 - 05:28 PM

I knew you'd say that.

Freya is one of my faves.


Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This