History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi OVA 3 Announced

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic
Saiga

Posted September 19 2012 - 08:44 AM

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi OVA 3 will be released on November 16, 2012. It will be released with Volume 49. It focuses on the Arrival of Eclair arc.

http://websunday.net/news/#n_kenichi

Posted Image

Rimi

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:13 AM

Nice! I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Of course I'm excited because it's another OVA for us, but it also implies that we'll never get an anime since they're just filling out the entire manga with fan service filled (see Miu in that poster -__-) OVAs. Is it made by brainbase again?

Saiga

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'm just excited about getting an OVA. But the fanservice this time will appeal to you. I'm pretty sure Eclair's disciple got tied up in the manga.. or someone did anyway. That was a long time ago. y;

I have no idea who it's made by. It didn't say on Shonen Sunday's website. There's literally no news on it in English yet. Except for this thread, announcing it. :)

Rimi

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:27 AM

Ah those spanish people are so amazing..

Still though I would prefer a full blown anime over this OVA.

mubyoshiFTW

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:52 AM

either way, can't wait to watch, oh and i'm sad that netflix is gonna take off all kenichi episodes from streaming so it looks like im off to the pirate bay.

Baby Joe

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:01 AM

It looks interesting.

Sakaki looks so weird in that picture, though. It's like he's holding a plate or something.

Saiga

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:06 AM

Ah those spanish people are so amazing..

Still though I would prefer a full blown anime over this OVA.

After 3 OVAs, I would hope there would be enough interest there to make a full blown anime. There's got to be a point where they stop making the OVAs, and 3 seems like a good place, sadly.

mubyoshiFTW

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:19 AM

After 3 OVAs, I would hope there would be enough interest there to make a full blown anime. There's got to be a point where they stop making the OVAs, and 3 seems like a good place, sadly.

you're right, most animes i've seen that get an OVA only get about 2 episodes and instead of continuing from where it left off it starts somewhere later in the manga

Cam

Posted September 19 2012 - 12:19 PM

Tell that to Hellsing Ultimate!!!! It's been in production for what must be years now, and only 9 out of 10 episodes have been released.

Edited by Cam, September 19 2012 - 12:22 PM.

Haru Glory

Posted September 19 2012 - 01:54 PM

HELL YES!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!

though technically didn't the Eclair arc happen before Li Raichi appeared?

Saiga

Posted September 19 2012 - 02:02 PM

Yes, the Eclair arc was the first Yami/Yomi arc, where the one with Raichi was the third.

Apparently the way the OVAs were set up so far though, the first covered that arc (which it didn't.. might have covered part of it, but it was mainly actual original stuff), the second OVA covered the Raichi arc, so this one might mash the Christopher Eclair parts up with the introduction of the Nine Fists, which was the arc after Raichi.

Haru Glory

Posted September 19 2012 - 02:09 PM

That sounds cool with me.
Telling my HSDK friends to come here and read this awesome news.

Sindrain

Posted September 20 2012 - 05:09 AM

Nice some thing to look forward to.

~True Darkness~

Posted September 21 2012 - 07:47 PM

Still supporting the theory full blown anime once we get to the DofD arc or a little before like these are just intro. It could also be testing the water for a full blown anime.

Saiga

Posted September 21 2012 - 08:00 PM

I hope so. Seeing the dofd tournament animated would be amazing.

Haru Glory

Posted September 21 2012 - 08:55 PM

DofD would be amazing animated

Saiga

Posted September 30 2012 - 01:39 PM

OVA 3 confirmed to be done by Brain's Base.

Rimi

Posted September 30 2012 - 08:27 PM

I don't see how an anime can just pick up in a random spot.

Saiga

Posted September 30 2012 - 08:45 PM

Maybe it won't then? Maybe it'll pick up where these OVAs end it.

erdbeerkeks

Posted October 23 2012 - 09:22 AM

PV is out!

That censoring is ... ^^"

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This

Tags

ova