Adding A Gallery

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic
Rimi

Posted April 11 2012 - 01:31 PM

What do you guys think? Should I add a gallery to the site? Originally when I had the idea for this site I wanted to add a gallery. My plan was that there would be albums for each character and we'd just have awesome photo collections of all the characters. However, I ended up not doing it because of issues like webspace, but I might be willing to put more money in if we can have an awesome Shigure gallery...

eson

Posted April 11 2012 - 03:08 PM

It maybe hard, but it can be done.

Saiga

Posted April 11 2012 - 03:12 PM

awesome Shigure gallery...

Good enough reason for me. :3

Rimi

Posted April 11 2012 - 04:35 PM

But I also want it so that people who make their own art continue posting it in the fan media board and not the gallery. I'll need to find a way to disable member albums. I want there to be premade albums specific for each character and to those people can upload images that they find.

Which brings up another issue. Some artists get mad if you don't give them credit for their art. There's a box to input "copyright" for each picture so should we use that and just agree to remove anything that people don't like on there? I don't know, I don't want people to get mad at me. :P

Saiga

Posted April 11 2012 - 05:01 PM

Disallowing members permission to make albums would be a good idea, for sure. Not only for space reasons, but so it can get used only for characters.

I'd say your idea for credit is as good as any.

Koko

Posted April 11 2012 - 08:44 PM

Gallery is good idea, but it costs money for you huh....so gallery is basically like fanart not drawn by members? Say if I made someone draw me some HSDK, the gallery is where I can post it for y'all to see?

Rimi

Posted April 11 2012 - 08:47 PM

Gallery is good idea, but it costs money for you huh....so gallery is basically like fanart not drawn by members? Say if I made someone draw me some HSDK, the gallery is where I can post it for y'all to see?

Silly koko. You get that person to join and they post it here!! :P

Actually maybe we can allow it in both places. I just don't want a gallery to male the fan media board empty.

Saiga

Posted April 11 2012 - 09:45 PM

Make it a pre-req if it's user made to be posted in the fan media board first.

Rimi

Posted April 15 2012 - 10:05 AM

So...should I do it? I'm scared. :S

Also lazy.

Saiga

Posted April 15 2012 - 10:10 AM

We need an awesome shigure gallery. :U

Rimi

Posted April 15 2012 - 10:18 PM

Alright. How about I do it when I upgrade the software?

Saiga

Posted April 15 2012 - 10:59 PM

Sounds good to me.

Rimi

Posted April 23 2012 - 11:04 AM

So do we have a list of characters we'd like to have galleries for? Here's what I've got on the list so far.

Shigure.

Hmmm, that's pretty much the only appealing part of HSDK isn't it?

~True Darkness~

Posted April 23 2012 - 11:31 AM

Renka, Miu, Freya... lol three more... I kind of want an Elder trolling gallery.

Rimi

Posted April 23 2012 - 11:49 AM

Maybe I'll make it so you guys can add albums?

Except for darkvader since he picks terrible titles.

~True Darkness~

Posted April 23 2012 - 12:16 PM

I don't pick horrible titles... They just pick me.

Rimi

Posted April 23 2012 - 12:54 PM

Alright new gallery link at the top. Only have a shigure album for now. I'll add more later tonight. I want to see how we do this space wise.

Koko

Posted April 28 2012 - 02:16 PM

Rimiiiiii........how do you add new albums in the gallery?

Rimi

Posted April 28 2012 - 02:55 PM

Rimiiiiii........how do you add new albums in the gallery?

You can't. What albums do you want to add?

Koko

Posted April 28 2012 - 03:11 PM

I feel stupid now. Erk.

Umm...I only found a few Rimi pics, but they're so cute! So...

A Rimi Album and a Pairings album.

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This