Kimi wa 008 (You are 008)

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic
Nacchi

Posted July 24 2020 - 01:37 AM

More previews for volume 10. I love the cover.

https://twitter.com/...404400865357824

Also the writing on on the short story preview is very interesting. The blue text reads "A Passing Sword Prodigy". I don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed, but that really sounds like Shigure is going to show up. Or are there any other sword prodigies that could pass by? Or does Ayame count as sword prodigy and she goes on a adventure somewhere in the woods?

Delirium Trigger

Posted July 29 2020 - 06:49 PM

More previews for volume 10. I love the cover.

https://twitter.com/...404400865357824

Also the writing on on the short story preview is very interesting. The blue text reads "A Passing Sword Prodigy". I don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed, but that really sounds like Shigure is going to show up. Or are there any other sword prodigies that could pass by? Or does Ayame count as sword prodigy and she goes on a adventure somewhere in the woods?

You can see hints of Shigure in the preview images. It has to be her.

Andrew

Posted August 07 2020 - 04:55 AM

I read  the manga. I don’t want to say that this manga is bad because I understand being a mangaka is very difficult. I want to say that this manga is much worse than Kenichi. The author went the wrong way. The level of  ecchi is abnormal, if people want to read ecchi , they go to read hentai, not this. This manga has no characteristics to become mainstream. Kenichi had everything to become mainstream with a huge amount of action and a large number of charismatic supporting characters.

Edited by Andrew, August 07 2020 - 05:20 AM.

Nacchi

Posted August 25 2020 - 02:05 PM

Volume 1 has been out for a week. Shigure actually shows up. I really expected that very Shigure-like looking leg to belong to someone else.

Daily ranking: 48 | 58 | 88 | 99 | 103 | 104 |

Weekly ranking and sales. Please keep in mind that sales numbers are very rough estimates, especially for newer volumes.

Attached Images

• 01.PNG
  • 02.PNG

Nacchi

Posted August 26 2020 - 01:21 AM

Kimi wa 008 got a new wallpaper on Shonen Sunday's website featuring the latest color page
https://websunday.net/download/

It should stay online for about 1-2 months. Get it while it's up.

Edit: Their link to the smartphone version is broken. The correct link is https://cdn.websunda...2009b/size1.jpg

Edited by Nacchi, August 26 2020 - 01:24 AM.

Delirium Trigger

Posted August 26 2020 - 10:24 PM

Thanks.

And this mini arc with Samael was pretty dark. What did you think of it?

And what's your opinion on Vol 10 of KW008?

Tessaiga

Posted August 28 2020 - 09:08 AM

If you're interested. I don't like it. 110 chapters, but no main storyline. Fillers alone

Delirium Trigger

Posted August 31 2020 - 05:28 PM

There is a main storyline, but a lot of filler. I believe it's a consequence of the main antagonists being too strong and Syun probably avoiding a Yomi type thing so he's using this to as a means to strengthen the mc. Though it's becoming a bit cumbersome, almost like he's written himself in a corner.

Nacchi

Posted September 05 2020 - 01:53 PM

Volume 10 was so-so. I was not a fan of the coin hunting arc, but the adventure with Agent Rabbit was fun, because I like Rabbit. Of course it was great to see Shigure again.

The mini arc with Samael was dark, but interesting. I like it when Eight gets exposed to different views that show him how not everything is simple black and white.

The next arc is going to be about Lady, which means we'll probably get nothing but fanservice galore.

You're right, the plot isn't progressing at all.There are Asuya and the cat girl on the other side, which will probably face Eight at some point, but other than that he stands no chance against the organization.
It'll probably end like Kenichi and Tokiwa where the "masters" will join the final battle and fight the really strong enemies while the students do their thing.

Talking about a possible ending: If sales continue to drop it might not be too far off.

In week 2 volume 10 ranked at 276 and sold around 4k copies. That makes around 17.8k total. It's unlikely that it'll make it into the next weekly ranking, because it dropped out of the daily top 500 after 14 days.

Nacchi

Posted September 08 2020 - 09:54 AM

New chapter: At first glance I thought this was Saiga. But no, it's Sick Boy without his battle suit.

That question mark like thing might be Dogra Magra's symbol.

Sick Boy and the cat girl are going to Russia. Matsuena loves Russia, doesn't he.

Meanwhile Lady and Delta 3 set out to stop some terrorists.

Volume 10 news: As expected it didn't make it into the top 500 in its 3rd week.

Edited by Nacchi, September 08 2020 - 10:16 AM.

Nacchi

Posted September 14 2020 - 03:05 AM

The Christmas and New Years Card illustrations for this year. The NY one looks cute.

Attached Images

• Eh3MqkoVgAA2dQw.jpg
  • Eh3MrYIU8AAomEx.jpg

Nacchi

Posted September 15 2020 - 09:52 AM

• Partially colored illustrations: Christmas, New Years

• Future chapter preview

• Chapter 123: I have to admit I laughed when Nohara again and again hoped that Lady would use her honey trap technique, but she simply beat the terrorists up. They've now encountered the Dogra Magra bomb guy from last chapter. I'm interested hoe Lady is going to deal with him.
    I'm pleasantly surprised  that Lady's fighting style is a lot different from what I (and Nohara) expected.

Tessaiga

Posted October 12 2020 - 09:43 AM

Forum, please live

Nacchi

Posted Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Volume 11 store bonus

https://twitter.com/...233873264693248

Only one month to go. Times goes by really fast.

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This