Pokémon X & Y

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic
Baby Joe

Posted May 22 2013 - 01:53 PM

Does anyone play Pokémon? I stopped playing around 2005, but after hearing about these new games, it made me want to get back into it. :lol: They'll be out sometime in October this year. I'll probably get Y.

Box art for the US:

Spoiler

Friend Codes and Versions Owned:
Baby Joe: 2535-4250-9554 (Y)
Echo_Shirahama: 1650-1487-3391 (Y)
Saiga: 4811-7447-5543 (Y)
Rimi: 3153-3810-5441 (Y)

Saiga

Posted May 23 2013 - 02:15 PM

I've been playing Pokémon since I was like 5 or 6, though after I got Diamond whenever it was it came out, I stopped playing like I used to and skipped over the next few games. I got White 2 when it came out and never played it after I beat the Elite 4, but I do plan on getting either X or Y. Depends on the exclusives. :u

Hopefully something truly new will hold my interest.

Haru Glory

Posted May 24 2013 - 07:56 AM

yea man this game is looking sweet

custom trainers

3d battles

im already preordering it

Rimi

Posted May 24 2013 - 08:53 AM

Yes I play it though gen 5 was kinda boring for me. I didn't even do anything after beating the pokemon league in w2. I'm hoping that gen 6 will be different and I'll be more into it.

Baby Joe

Posted May 24 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yeah, I never got into Gen 5. Even now, the games don't interest me. Although I looked up the remixes for the champion themes and they were pretty neat.

I've been playing Soul Silver recently, although the GTS makes me mad. :angry:

I hope Gen 6 has free movement since it will be in 3D. It looks like there is diagonal movement, though. I am happy that the battles are going 3D now. I wonder how the in-battle trainers will look, though. Will they be all bobble headed like the overworld trainers?

Edited by Baby Joe, May 24 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Rimi

Posted May 24 2013 - 02:26 PM

One thing I'm really happy about for this game is that it's a worldwide release. So Japan getting it 6 months in advance won't ruin it for anyone else.

Saiga

Posted May 24 2013 - 02:32 PM

I forgot all about the worldwide release. Dammit. Now I won't be able to use all those months inbetween Japan's and our release to think about which version I want for five minutes.

Rimi

Posted May 24 2013 - 02:37 PM

Why is the topic putting Y before X? That's really distracting. :angry:

Saiga

Posted May 24 2013 - 02:40 PM

Because Y comes before X in the backwards alphabet?

Rimi

Posted May 24 2013 - 02:40 PM

@Baby Joe stop using the backwards alphabet.

I fixed it.

eson

Posted May 24 2013 - 02:57 PM

I still play red every so often. : D

Baby Joe

Posted May 24 2013 - 03:08 PM

Why is the topic putting Y before X? That's really distracting. :angry:

Because Yveltal is cooler than Xerneas.

Rimi

Posted May 24 2013 - 03:09 PM

Because Yveltal is cooler than Xerneas.

While that's completely true and you have great opinions, it's still distracting. :(

Saiga

Posted May 24 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hmm... I found a new way to annoy you. :U now if I could figure out how to use it.

Yeah, the Y legendary is way cooler.

Baby Joe

Posted May 24 2013 - 03:44 PM

But, I wonder if Yveltal has a mouth. I do like Xerneas' colorful antlers.

Haru Glory

Posted May 24 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, I never got into Gen 5. Even now, the games don't interest me. Although I looked up the remixes for the champion themes and they were pretty neat.

I've been playing Soul Silver recently, although the GTS makes me mad. :angry:

I hope Gen 6 has free movement since it will be in 3D. It looks like there is diagonal movement, though. I am happy that the battles are going 3D now. I wonder how the in-battle trainers will look, though. Will they be all bobble headed like the overworld trainers?

there is free movement

though im not sure if the trainers will be in battle there might just be some pokeball throwing animation

plus you're pokemon actually faint instead of disappearing offscreen

Baby Joe

Posted May 25 2013 - 01:13 PM

Well, if there's free movement, that's good. Using the 3DS circle pad while on a grid is a pain, and the D-pad is uncomfortable.

Baby Joe

Posted June 11 2013 - 10:25 AM

A new type, Fairy, has been officially revealed. Gardevoir, Jigglypuff, Sylveon, and Marill are some of the Pokémon that have the new Fairy type. I guess we can also expect the Chansey and Clefairy lines to get retyped, too.

Also, your trainers appear in battle to throw the Pokéball, but aren't there to observe the battle. It's possible they'll add them in later or something. It doesn't really matter to me.

The games' release date is October, 12.

I haven't watched the entire trailer since my internet is slow, but I've gotten the gist of it from forums and other sites explaining what happened.

Rimi

Posted June 13 2013 - 12:21 PM

If they're doing a global release why do the pokemon have to have japanese and english names?

Baby Joe

Posted June 13 2013 - 02:43 PM

If they're doing a global release why do the pokemon have to have japanese and english names?

Different languages, and stuff like that. Some jokes, meanings, and other things like that don't translate well/wouldn't make sense in other languages. Speaking of other languages, you can now play your Pokémon game in different languages.

In other news, there are sky battles now. Only a certain number of Flying-types and types with levitate ability will be able to do these. There are also hoard battles where it's five against one.

Oh, and there's still grid based movement. We get to go in eight directions instead of four.

I'm going to love finally being able to use streetpass/spotpass while having a Pokémon game in the slot. DS games disable most of the 3DS features.

Author

Rate This

- - - - -

Share This